“Hemos pasado una semana estupenda en casa de Paul. Es un barrio muy tranquilo, con unos vecinos encantadores, a solo media hora en tren del centro de Londres, que lo cogemos en la estación a 100 metros. A diez minutos de paseo está Twickenham, con todos los servicios, tiendas, pubs y restaurantes. Durante esos días hemos hecho escapadas de un día a Oxford, Bath, Stonhenge, los estudios de Harry Potter, etc. Nos encanta Inglaterra. Paul ha sido muy amable, ayudándonos mucho en nuestro viaje. Muy agradable y recomendable. ”
Town House in Twickenham, London
Town House in Twickenham, London
Este cliente es un súper-miembro. Es muy experimentado en los swaps o es de los que más rápido responde
Añadidasa la lista de favoritos
Esta casa está en tu lista de favoritos. Para acceder a tus favoritos haz clic en el icono de navegación
Add to shortlist
This home is not yet in your shortlist
Strawberry Hill is a lovely little "village" situated between Twickenham and Teddington in South West London.
Our house is situated in the heart of the village where there are shops including a small Supermarket, Post Office, Café/Tea Room, Wine Shop, Hairdressers, Spa Treatment Centre,a really nice Thai Restaurant and Strawberry Hill Railway Station.
Strawberry Hill Railway station is only 100 metres away with regular trains to Central London taking only 35 minutes. In fact you can see the station from the first floor balcony.
Local Attractions include:
- Strawberry Hill House. A famous mock gothic house 5 minutes walk away.
- River Thames. 5 minutes walk away is a small park, Radnor Gardens, with frontage to the River Thames.
- Teddington. 10/15 minutes walk away, Teddington is a pretty town with lots of good independent shops, cafes, restaurants and pubs.
Teddington Lock is a picturesque crossing of the Thames where there are riverside pubs and walks along the river.
- Twickenham. 10/15 minutes walk away in the opposite direction. Twickenham has a nice riverside location with more good pubs and restaurants. The Swan, a pub by the river, is a particular favourite of ours. You can hire boats in Twickenham and there is a small passenger ferry across the river to Ham House, a famous Elizabethan House dating back to the 16th Century. From Twickenham it is possible to walk all the way along the river to Richmond upon Thames.
- Richmond upon Thames. 3 stops on the train, Richmond upon Thames is a famous riverside town, larger than Teddington or Twickenham.
Walk up Richmond Hill for spectacular views of the River Thames and from there you can walk to the entrance to Richmond Park, London's largest park (it's huge), popular with walkers and cyclists and where deer roam freely.
- Kingston upon Thames. 3 stops on the train in the opposite direction, Kingston also has a nice riverside area but it's main claim to fame is it's shopping. It is one of the best shopping towns outside Central London.
- Bushy Park. 20 minutes walk or one stop on the train to Teddington Station, Bushy Park is one of the Royal Parks where wild deer roam freely and people go to walk and cycle. Not as big as Richmond Park but a bit closer.
- Hampton Court Palace. Situated on the other side of Bushy Park is Hampton Court Palace, a world heritage site situated on the Thames and made famous by Henry VIII. Well worth a visit.
So, as you can see, there is lots to see and do locally. What's especially nice is that our part of London is really green and pleasant with all the riverside places and activities,contrasting well with Central London and all that has to offer.
También te puede gustar
Our home is a charming cottage, built around the late nineteenth or early twentieth century, with lots of character. It is on a quiet, very safe residential...
OUR lovely cottage we have refurbished through out with 3 bedrooms etc quaint with old and new look as It was a matrons cottage and close to a old hospital...
We have a warm, light family house in central London. The house has an easy living room, and a beautiful kitchen- dining room. We have 4 bedrooms: one with a...